Monday, May 25, 2015

...Know When to Fold 'Em

If you've known me for a while, you know I like to write from time to time. I've been time-to-timing on Blogger for 13 years now with breaks here and there (some of them substantial). Some while back, my netbook (a hand-me-down from my friend and hand-me-down computer supplier Kenneth) took a turn for the worse. And suddenly a full 8 months had passed since I last posted.

Then, two days ago, I had a birthday. And my super thoughtful boyfriend Kevin gifted me with a new laptop.

So.

Here I am.

Back in business.

Rusty as hell.

It'll take a few rounds to find my rhythm again, I'm sure. So for now I'm just happy to take the evening and spend some time setting up a new blog.

See, one thing I'm paying more and more attention to as I get older is knowing when it's time to move on--in every possible way a person can do so (though here I'm just talking about blogs). I started my last blog at the outset of what would be one of the most difficult times in my life. It carried me through that period and into these brighter days.

But that blog ran its course.

As I fired up this shiny new hunk of machinery, I knew it was time to embark anew as well. Time to acknowledge and embrace a new chapter. (Know when to fold 'em)


I've posted links to both my old blogs on the right, which is likely more for my own chronicling tendencies than anything else. Move on...don't forget.

In brainstorming the new blog's title, a lyric I love from R.E.M.'s Oh my Heart came to me.

So here it is: The Song, Rearranged.

That's me, here. Same life, slightly rearranged as tends to happen...if you're doing it right. (In my book, anyway).

I've linked to the song in the margin, but it's not the *best* song on that album.

This might be:



Anyway, it feels great to be back in front of a keyboard. I've missed thinking about things in how would I write about this? terms, and I hope to be back in a good groove soon.

As always, thank you for reading. XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Thank GOD (or whomever) you're finally back! I was missing you something truly ugly...

    ReplyDelete